Miley and Liam met three years ago while shooting The LAst Song(which I loved) and started dating. Three years later Liam popped the question and slipped a 3 carat engagement ring on the 19 year old’s ring finger. We all remember Miley as our infamous Hannah Montana, my girls were big fans and still are. Nineteen is young, I was married at that age and can understand young love.
Marrying young is 50/50 turn out for many. Many do not agree with this choice and I can assume many are already placing bets on how long it’ll last. For me, marrying at nineteen and looking back fourteen years later, I can understand the pros and cons. MArriage is definitely something that should be taken serious and sometimes at nineteen, it isn’t. It’s a whim based on puppy love that turns sour quickly after the union when their dream boat doesn’t seem so dreamy anymore.
So this brings up marriage advice. Miley Liam, first I wish you both the best of luck. Financially they are set, so no worries there. Emotionally, yes for right now they are madly in love with each other. Thats great! Wonderful, but in six months, whats it gonna be like? Well Miley and Liam, your might be butting heads then. IT’s hard bringing two heads to work as one sometimes. It’s hard to accustom to each others idiosyncrasies and flaws. Here are a few tips from me, take them, use them if you want, throw away what you don’t think you need.
1. Be the better partner. Now this doesn’t mean let the other walk all over you, but sometimes to keep things cool, you have to be the better person. Walk away when things get too heated.
2. Pick your battles. Really is it a major sin that he cannot seem to get those socks in the hamper? Does she really need to be able to cook like Gida?
3. Never go to bed or work angry. You never know what can happen and really, is it worth staying angry at each other all day or through the night? (For nightime, you sleep better if you make up and guess what comes with making up;0)
4. Remind yourself no one is perfect. Everyone has flaws and when you marry them, they come with the package.
5. Marriage is never easy. Can you say roller coaster. Yep, it is. Hang in there and you will make it, don’t give up too easily:0) Remember you do love each other. (For us gals, that reminder comes often;0)
Ok, thats it. No more … I wish the lovely couple the best of luck and a big Congratulations!